- Download and install Teams in your computer or your mobile phone. Open the following link to download the app. Install the application after the download is completed.
Optionally, you can rather use the web version of Teams with your browser at
(Not recommend) https://teams.microsoft.com/.
- Upon opening Teams, use your GTIIT account to sign in at the first time. For example, ****@gtiit.edu.cn as the username and the corresponding password.
- Upon the successful sign-in, a page will display to list all your courses as teams. For each team, you are either the owner if you are the lecturer.
- Click to enter the course/team. Activate the team to let student to join the course if you see the message on the top – students are waiting to join.
- You can start your lecturing and communication by instant message, sharing document, sharing screen and video call.
- Optionally, if you want to mute the students within the team, i.e. not let them send messages in the group, please follow the instruction illustrated by the following screenshots.
- Under Members, check Mute students to mute all the student within the team or check specific students to mute.
- To learn more about how to use Teams, please open the following link to check the Quick Start Video Trainings offered by Microsoft. https://support.office.com/en-us/article/video-what-is-microsoft-teams-422bf3aa-9ae8-46f1-83a2-e65720e1a34d?wt.mc_id=otc_microsoft_teams.
- Need tech support? Please contact email@example.com for technical support.
Modified on: Fri, 8 May, 2020 3:04 PM
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.